Roasted apricots, almond, thai basil = perfect balance!
People who may know me or just read my articles, you know how much I LOVE ALMOND!
I wanted a seasonal summer dessert: fresh, tasty and quick to realise! Because it’s the season of apricots, I have created this dessert. It’s confort food, very tasty with just the right amount of sweetness. The rice semolina provides a melting and soft texture. Roasted apricots with thai basil balance the pastry with a tonic and slight acidity. And it ends with the sweetness of almond.
For a dessert for four people, you need :
Ingredients for roasted apricots with thai basil and rice semolina with almond flavor
- 4 fresh apricots
- 2 sprigs of thai basil
- 3 coffee spoon of rice semolina
- 300 g of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of bitter almond extract
- 6 g of vanilla sugar
How to prepare roasted apricots?
- Take off the stone of apricot and cut in 2 pieces;
- Warm up some olive oil in a pan;
- Put apricots in the pan with a very low heat for about 10 minutes, then turn them and add thai basil with a coffee spoon of butter. Leave it for about 10 minutes. Check it because it depends on how mature apricots are. They need to stay entire but soft.
- Once roasted, take them off.
How to prepare rice semolina with almond flavor ?
- Pour almond milk, almond exact and vanilla sugar together in a pot. Heat up and boil it;
- Then add the rice semonila and constantly stir it with a wood spoon for 8 minutes;
- Then put it in a glass and let it cool down;
- Put in the fridge and add the roasted abricots before serving!
Apricots recipe is short so go for it without any hesitation, it’s really delicious, and super quick to make!
📍Vendée & elsewhere if you ask
• Food consultant
• Fusion Asian /Mediterranean food
Worked at @les110detailleventparis